Human Resources Training Products
Living the Brand: the Patagonia Story
About the program
Based on the book, ‘Living the Brand’, this program uses the sportswear brand, Patagonia to demonstrate how organizations can capture the passion of their people to create stronger relationships with customers and develop new ways of working.
Learners will explore how the company has achieved this and how it uses its mission and values (in a documentary style) to create involvement throughout the organization, to break down organizational silos and to achieve focus.
Using the inspiration of Patagonia, learners will see how they can work with their organization’s brand vision and values to help them make more focused decisions and how they can incorporate environmentally responsible behavior into their work. This can be achieved by following the four key messages laid out in the program:
- Inspire Belief: if people are inspired by the idea of what the company stands for, in turn they will inspire others
- Involve People: you can’t simply tell people about the brand, you have to involve all your audiences (internally and externally) in its development.
- Culture is Everything: the Patagonia culture is born out of a shared way of thinking and behaving that links back to the purpose and values. Everyone contributes to the culture and the culture helps to guide people’s actions.
- Live the Values: the brand values acquire relevance and meaning when they are used in day-to-day work.
Key Training Points:
- Demonstrates how to make environmental commitment a core element in an organization
- Sets an example of how individuals can use values to make decisions, design products and create value for customers
Product type: DVD
Video length: 18 Minutes
Available languages: English